Sunday, August 10, 2008

D1 Combine Athlete Makes Impressive Show at Preseason Game

Second round draft pick, Jason Jones, was the only Titans rookie to start in Saturday's preseason opener against the St. Louis Rams. Filling in for injured veteran Tony Brown, Jones grabbed Rams running back Brian Leonard in the backfield during the first quarter and tossed him for a 3 yard loss.

"Those plays gave me a little bit of confidence, but I'm far from where i need to be," Jones said. "I want to improve and get ready for Oakland next week."

During the course of the game, Jones had four tackles as the Titans defeated the Rams 34-13.

"Including my rookie year, I've never seen a rookie that far along," said Albert Haynesworth, a seventh-year pro. "If he keeps working like he is, he's going to be really, really good."

No comments: