Thursday, March 12, 2009

D1 Guys Shine at Tennessee Pro Day

Check out what the Knoxville News Sentinel has to say about the UT Pro Day: Three other former Vols trained with D-I, which is owned by former UT quarterback Peyton Manning and managed by former UT fullback Will Bartholomew, who is the company's CEO.
D-1 client Josh Briscoe was ecstatic with his 4.39 time in the 40.
"I want a cheeseburger," the receiver exclaimed afterward. "I'm going to get a cheeseburger."
Briscoe said he actually benefitted from an illness earlier this month that cost him seven pounds. When recovered, he ran a 4.36 and decided to stay at his new "running" weight of 181.
Linebacker Ellix Wilson ran a 4.61 in the 40, posted a 32-inch vertical jump and bench pressed 225 pounds for 23 repetitions.
"I'm not ready to give up this football thing so I just hope someone gives me a chance," Wilson said.
Wilson said he's not worried about getting drafted and is willing to prove himself on an NFL practice squad if need be.
"Free agents have come in and done their thing," Wilson said.
Linebacker Adam Myers -White is hoping for the same opportunity and trained for that chance.
"Stopped partying and everything," Myers-White said. "Held everything back. Started focusing."
Myers-White bench pressed 225 pounds 15 times, posted 32 inches on the vertical jump and ran a 4.58 in the 40.
"It's gone and over with. Whatever happens today - calls or no calls (from the NFL) - I know I did the best what I can do. I'm proud of that."

No comments: